AURO 160 WOODSTAIN
Woodstain for long term protection and decoration of wood internally and externally.
- Well suited to facades, garden planters, bee-hives, nest boxes etc.
- Waterbased, solvent-free
- Available in 30 trendy, cheerful colours.
(N.B. this product isn't recommended for flooring or decking). See below for more details.
Nominated test winner by the German 'Stiftung Warentest' (Organization for the Comparative Testing of Consumer Goods) (Issue 05/2006, test on wood stains). Water-thinnable, solvent-free, silk gloss woodstain for wood inside and outside (colourless for inside only). Good weathering resistance, quick drying and virtually odourless. Tested and certified 'safe for toys' and 'saliva- and perspiration-proof'. Pretreat wood types rich in active substances with Special primer No. 117. Available in 30 trendy, cheerful colours (also available as colourless).
- The Woodstain is certified in line with EN 71, pt. 3, the so-called 'toy norm', and can therefore be used without worries on toys or surfaces in children's rooms. In exteriors, it has an excellent weather resistance.
- Colours intensify and opacity increases with each coat.
- The non-pigmented Colourless 160-00 woodstain is for inside use only as it doesn't have the weathering resistance of the coloured woodstains.
- IMPORTANT - please be advised that buying sample pots is highly recommended. Please bear in mind that the finish or colour may differ slightly to the representation in printed literature or in the online photo (everybody's screen settings are different) and for that reason we sell sample pots in order for the buyer to check its suitability for the project, e.g. to see the true colour/finish and/or how the colour reacts to other furnishings, lighting and room aspect and to check compatibility with the substrate.
Cleaning of tools
- Press product residues out of brushes or rollers immediately after use and wash thoroughly with AURO Plant soap No. 411 and water.
- Remove sticky, hard product residues by soaking the tools for longer periods in AURO Plant soap No. 411 or with AURO Thinner No. 191 then rinse thoroughly with AURO Plant soap No. 411 solution.
- Experience has shown the effectiveness of rubbing AURO Plant soap No. 411 into brushes, rollers, etc., then putting them into storage and rinsing them thoroughly with water prior to the next application.
- Free from solvents
Pleasant mild smell
|Available Sizes||Approx. coverage m2|
Coverage quoted is approx and may vary due to application or absorbtion from the substrate etc.; figures are for total area one coat would cover.
- Water, linseed oil, colophony glycerol ester with organic acids, mineral fillers, surfactants made of rapeseed - castor oil, mineral pigments, drying agents (cobalt-free), castor oil, sunflower oil, silicic acid, titanium dioxide, cellulose, xanthane
- 160-00 has no pigments.
- Natural products are neither odourless nor emission-free. May cause allergic reactions.