AURO 250 GLOSS PAINT
Water-based, solvent-free gloss paint for internal or external use on wood or metal. Available in white or a range of naturally tinted premixed colours (see below).
- Good weathering resistance
- Quick drying
- Low odour
- Tested and certified 'safe for toys' and 'saliva- and perspiration-proof'.
Pretreat wood types rich in active substances (e.g. Ash, Pitch Pine) and tanning agents (e.g. Oak, Chestnut) with AURO Special primer No. 117. See below for more product information.
AURO Aqua 250 Gloss Paint is suitable for internal or external use on wood or metal. Great for furniture, doors, windows, trim, toys and much more. Unlike acrylics, AURO solvent free gloss paints are not prone to cracking and peeling. The exterior gloss system is expected to last 3 - 5 years when properly applied. They are both tough and flexible, but because no volatile solvents or chemical hardeners are used, drying times are dependent on temperature and humidity to a greater extent than with chemical paints.
Available in white or a range of naturally tinted premixed colours.
Please be advised: The finish or colour may differ slightly to the representation on the website or in printed literature, and, as all AURO colours are hand-mixed to order, these are personalised and as such are not returnable. We therefore highly recommend taking sample pots in our paints to check their suitability, e.g. to see how the colour reacts to other furnishings, lighting and room aspect and to check compatibility with the substrate.
Thoroughly prepare and prime wood or metal surfaces. Pretreat wood types rich in active substances and tanning agents with AURO Special primer No. 117 then AURO Undercoat No. 253; other wood types (e.g. Pine) can be primed with just AURO Undercoat No. 253. Then apply at least two gloss paint coats. Stir well, do not apply too thick. Dust dry in 6 – 9 hours, re-coatable after 24 hours. Final hardness reached in about 3 days.
Cleaning of tools
- Press product residues out of brushes or rollers immediately after use and wash thoroughly with AURO Plant soap No. 411 and water.
- Remove sticky, hard product residues by soaking the tools for longer periods in AURO Plant soap No. 411 or with AURO Thinner No. 191 then rinse thoroughly with AURO Plant soap No. 411 solution.
- Experience has shown the effectiveness of rubbing AURO Plant soap No. 411 into brushes, rollers, etc., then putting them into storage and rinsing them thoroughly with water prior to the next application.
- For brush application we recommend a synthetic bristle brush.
- For the highest quality finish try our 'two roller technique': the topcoat is applied/distributed with a microfibre roller, then the laying off is with a foam roller.
- For vertical sufaces, in order to achieve a uniform surface, roll in horizontal direction first, then vertically.
- Free from solvents
Pleasant mild smell
|Available Sizes||Approx. coverage m2|
Coverage quoted is approx and may vary due to application or absorbtion from the substrate etc.; figures are for total area one coat would cover.
- Water, linseed oil, mineral pigments, colophony glycerol ester with organic acids, mineral fillers, surfactants made of rapeseed - castor oil, drying agents (cobalt-free), castor oil, sunflower oil, cellulose, xanthane.
- Natural products are neither odourless nor emission-free. May cause allergic reactions.